Experienced Legal Representation From Our Atlanta Criminal Compensation Lawyers
Crime victims and their loved ones too often get victimized twice, both during the crime and again by the costs they incur afterward. At the law firm of Calvin A. Edwards, Jr., our Atlanta criminal compensation lawyers provide compassionate, experienced representation to help these people and their families get justice. While nothing can erase what happened, compensation for medical costs, lost wages, ongoing disabilities and the loss of a loved one can help you as you recover from the event.
Our Criminal Compensation Lawyers Hold Responsible Parties Accountable
According to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, roughly 350,000 crimes are committed each year throughout our state, and close to 200,000 of these incidents occur in the Atlanta area. These include crimes such as assault, battery, robbery, and rape, as well as murder, attempted homicide, and vehicular homicide.
While criminals face serious penalties, including fines, jail sentences, and a criminal record, victims and their families are still left with medical expenses, lost wages, and property damages. At the law firm of Calvin A. Edwards, Jr, our criminal compensation lawyers understand that filing a lawsuit against the criminal themselves often proves fruitless, as many are either incarcerated or lack the ability to ever payoff a settlement. In these cases, there may be additional parties whose negligent actions contributed to the crime, These include:
- Landlords who may have failed to properly secure their property;
- Property owners, who may have allowed dangerous conditions to exist;
- Security staff, who may not have upheld their duties;
- Bar owners and bartenders, who may have over served customers and allowed them to get behind the wheel;
- Parents of juvenile offenders, who may have allowed their children access to weapons
Depending on the situation, any of the above may be held legally accountable for losses you incurred as a result of their reckless actions or their disregard for potential dangers.
How Our Atlanta Criminal Compensation Lawyers Can Assist You
At the law firm of Calvin A. Edwards, Jr., our criminal compensation lawyers can advise you on your rights to compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Damages you may be entitled to include the following:
- Medical expenses, which include the costs for ongoing care, physical rehabilitation, medications, and therapy;
- Lost wages, and future losses in income your family suffers;
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish caused by the crime or the injuries involved;
- Funeral expenses and settlements for surviving family members, in the event of a fatal crime.
In addition to the above, you may also be entitled to compensation through the Georgia Crime Victim Compensation Program.
Call or contact the law firm of Calvin A. Edwards, Jr. online today to request a no cost, no obligation consultation with our experienced Atlanta crime compensation lawyers. We can advise you on your rights to compensation, while acting as a strong legal advocate to ensure your rights and interests are protected.