Calvin A. Edwards, Jr. is an attorney who has been representing individuals throughout Georgia and the southeast since 2000. He was born and raised in Richmond, Virginia where he was an All-American high school football player. He went on to earn a full athletic scholarship to West Virginia University where he was a three-year starter for the Mountaineer football team and a member of their 1993 undefeated, Big East Championship team. Calvin received his law degree from the University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law in 2000. While in law school, Calvin received the CALI Excellence for the Future award twice for receiving the highest grade in both his Constitutional law and negotiations classes. He was also a member of the prestigious John Marshall American Inn of Court and The Order of the Barristers. He also finished third place in a national moot court competition in San Francisco, California. After law school, Calvin was a law clerk for the Honorable Gail S. Tusan in Fulton County, Georgia.
Today, Calvin handles personal injury lawsuits across the state of Georgia and throughout the country, primarily focusing on catastrophic injuries, auto and trucking accidents, and wrongful death cases. His more than 17 years of experience allows him to receive excellent results for his clients. His professional experiences include:
- Substantial experience: More than 17 years of personal injury/civil litigation experience
- Judicial insight: Former staff attorney to a Fulton County Superior Court judge
- Understands the insurance companies: Prior law firm/insurance defense experience
- Trial attorney: over 100 trials and over 1000 courtroom appearances before state and federal judges
- Nationwide practice. Appeared as lead counsel in AK, AL, FL, GA, IL, LA, SC, and VA
Calvin regularly handles cases involving car wrecks, commercial vehicles, and corporate entities. He is knowledgeable in areas involving catastrophic injuries such as head and brain trauma, burn injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones/lacerations, back/neck injuries, and vision, hearing, and sensory injuries. For over 17 years, he has represented individuals in matter involving large commercial vehicles, wrongful death, seriously injured pedestrians, and premises liability cases, including multiple cases involving serious injuries against large, national retailers.
Calvin is a member in good standing of the State Bar of Georgia and is also admitted to practice in the Northern and Middle U.S. District Courts of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit. Calvin has also represented individuals in cases in Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Virginia, Illinois, Wisconsin, South Carolina, and California.
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, Virginia
J.D. – 2000
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
B.A. – 1996
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association